Thursday, November 11, 2010

St. Maria Bertilla Boscardin (Oct. 6, 1888 to Oct. 20, 1922)

   If you think positive thoughts and follow your intuition. beautiful things will happen. So, if someone tells you that you're crazy if you feel certain something is true, trust yourself. I find the answers to questions just by putting them out into the universe.
  There are cases where a premonition will be bad. When I was a teenager, I had a dream that my Uncle Vinnie, who was just 44 and in good health, was going to die. It was more of a nightmare. When I awoke, I told my mother. She said that maybe I had a cold and to go back to bed.
  Then, three nights later, he died unexpectedly. From that moment, I learned to trust my instincts. When I'd have a feeling about something, it would happen and this pattern has continued for nearly 30 years. It has nothing to do with being born on the day of fateful predictions (March 13). It has to do with intuition. We all have it. We all can learn from it.
  This afternoon, a question was on my mind about someone I had run into by chance in town. Then, a few hours later, when I was outside hanging clothes by moonlight, the answer came to me. It was more like a flash. I saw that person today because for two years, I wondered what their connection was to someone I know although, personally, I never thought there as anything notable or even attractive about them.
  As this blog comes to a close in December, so too will things that have been on my mind.  I will find the answers I've been looking for.
  I was told by someone that I ask too many questions. I took it as an insult mainly because I'm a very quiet person. Most people ask questions. How else would you hold a conversion? It could be that the person has something against me and, therefore, although I ask just as many questions as the next person, they only see that as an annoyance from me. Perhaps it could be my years of  being a journalist.
  But, back to the topic of intuition and drawing things to yourself. I wanted to write about a saint that has a connection to World War I and on my first attempt I found one.
  St. Maria Bertilla Boscardin was born Anna Francesca Boscardin on Oct. 6, 1888 in Veneto, Italy. Her father was an insulting drunk and she was only allowed to attend school sporadically. St. Maria Bertilla Boscardin was a peasant girl who worked in the fields.
  She joined the order of the Teachers of St. Dorothy, Daughters of the Sacred Heart in Vicenza in 1904. St. Maria Bertilla Boscardin trained as a nurse and cared for children with diphtheria in a hospital ward.
  Then, during the Battle of Caporetto, the military took over the hospital, and she took care of the wounded during the air raids and bombings.
  St. Maria Bertilla Boscardin died from a tumor Oct. 20, 1922. She was canonized on May 11, 1961 and her feast day is Oct. 20.
 
 

No comments: