Monday, July 12, 2010

St. Madron (? to c.545)


I could have sworn it was real. When I looked in the mirror something strange and horrifying was happening. Spots of blood had burst and were dripping from my eyes.
Then I awoke this morning in the hobbit house, to a cool breeze with dew drops on the daisies and "Willie," the neighbor's dog, wandering by the clothesline.
What did my dream mean? It's not like I watched a Stephen King movie before I went to bed. Why was it so vivid?
I'd loaned or given away my dream interpretation books since it can be subjective. So, I decided to look online at dreammoods.com and discovered:
"To dream that your eyes are bleeding, symbolizes the sacrifices you have made and the difficulties you have endured. Alternatively, the dream signifies some very deep pain or internal conflict within your soul. Although you may not feel any physical pain, you are hurting inside. Perhaps you have been hiding the pain for so long that you forgot what pain feels like. There is some unrest or uneasiness within which needs to be addressed and resolved immediately."
It is said that Pisces is the eyes into the soul and with a sun and moon in that sign, maybe I was feeling what millions of people on this planet experience each day.
There is a legendary well in Cornwall, England where the water has miraculous pain-healing powers. Pilgrims clip a piece of their clothing and leave it at St. Madron Well (pictured above). As their pain subsides or disappears, the material is said to disintegrate. People still believe in this sacred Celtic site.
St. Madron (St. Madern) was a monk and hermit who was born in Cornwall. While on earth he was known to cure pain and this gift carried on after his death in c.545. His feast day is May 17 and he is the patron saint against pain.

No comments: